Sunday, April 29, 2012

Irfan Pathan: Loves biryani, hates hitting brother for fours

New Delhi: While he doesn't like to broach the topic of his marriage, Delhi Daredevils' Irfan Pathan has a broad smile on his face when asked about biryani. The all-rounder has had a decent outing in the Indian Premier League thus far and says that he is now focused on living up to his potential and therefore, is keeping his favourite food to a minimum.

While he has previously proclaimed love for his mother's biryani, a much leaner Irfan now says that the meal has become more of an occasional Friday indulgence. "I have it but only on the odd Friday. If I am at home, my family tries to make the food but I have to look after my food habits," he told NDTV.

With an average of 35 and a sparkling innings of an unbeaten 42 as his highest in the ongoing IPL, Irfan has shown that he is determined to perform well, even if it means cutting back on his favourite food. Ask him though, and he hints that what is more difficult than avoiding fried food is facing your brother after hitting him for a boundary.

Irfan hit Yusuf Pathan for a boundary when Delhi Daredevils played Kolkata Knight Riders. " I said sorry immediately after I hit that shot then I moved away. For the next couple of days, I was not saying much (with him). I knew I can't talk about cricket (with him)."  

No comments:

Post a Comment